Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I'll see you later dear friend

Willy Musinguzi & I in 2008
I'm not good with death, it's one of those things I don't do well in life.  I'm not saying that anyone is, I'm just saying I don't know how to behave.  2010 has not been a great year for me, I have never lost a friend before and now I have lost three.

I know Ali has said this better than I could but I felt I should honour the memory of our dear friend as well (it's better to just read her entry because then you can just think about me and say ditto). 

It's hard leaving Uganda all the time because I don't like to say goodbye, I usually just say "I'll see you later".  And I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's really all I can say.  I'll never forget Willy, he really made my months in Kabale in 2008 a lot of fun and he put up with everything that Ali and I did, from making him smell pretty to tickle wars. 

I'll see you later Willy...jah bless. 

1 comment:

  1. "Put up with"? He loved being lathered in cocoa butter and being endlessly disrupted by us recreating match and mix when they were trying to build that shelter at the Heart ;) Until we meet again...

    ReplyDelete