Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ode to my Havaianas

A bit of flip-flop/thong/plugga/jandal sillyness...

Why?  Because I could.

In my pluggers saying hello...
Looking down at my feet
As they tread the dirty street,
I'm reminded of the faithfulness of my havi's.
After a year of wearing you,
Through all that I do,
You're still a damn good shoe!

Flippety, Floppety, down you go
Comfy from my heel to my toe.
Some scorn you've garnered
Living in East Africa.
Banange!  They would cry!
Stupid Muzungu
Without any shoe!
How people could stare at my feet so bare!
But you know I didn't care,
Because I've always had you!
Havaiana my faithful shoe.

Only once did you break
And sent me flying
But it was my mistake
That left me crying
I had to replace you with another
It was only your brother
That took your place
For I can never erase 
The love of a good Havaiana.

So now you're back on home turf
From the bush to the surf
I wear you everyday
And here at home they never say
That you are not a real shoe!
To my Havaiana's I'll always stay true.

Has the WW finally cracked?  Is this insanity or boredom driving this post?

No comments:

Post a Comment